Saturday, July 17, 2010

Howdy Y'all

Hello to all from the Lone Star State.

Surprisingly, my trip came off without any hitches and I arrived at D/FW just after noon local time. And, boy, was it HOT. The city welcomed me with a day of 102 degree heat (and tonight won't be much cooler).

After lunch with my mom and brother, we went back to the house to relax for a bit and catch up. I'm going to spend the next couple of days unpacking and settling in. Shockingly, my belongings arrived Friday afternoon as planned and everything seems to be in good shape.

Thanks to all of you for your good wishes on the move. They were greatly appreciated.

Have a great day!

5 comments:

  1. Totally Awesome! GLAD all went well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greeting to you, Rowdydog in Lone Star State!!!
    Glad to hear that you & your luggage arrived safely. Be sure to have a good rest before embarking in your new job. All the best to you & don't forget about all of us oodlers here.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yee Haw!!! Congratulations on the successful move and trip. What a relief it must be for you. Welcome to the central time zone. Good luck on your first day at your new job. Until then try to get some rest and quality time with your family. Thanks for letting us know you are o.k. and for all your hard work.

    ReplyDelete
  4. So glad everything turned out ok with the trip down. Good luck on your new job, my sis lives down there and loves it. I really can not thank you enough for all the oodles and hard work you have put into this site God Bless you and yours.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Gee, we've been having triple digit days here in Denver, and I don't like it!!!!! I am not a summer person, I am looking forward to fall even if i have to rake leaves
    maggie `

    ReplyDelete