Friday, July 9, 2010

QOD & Trivia Sat 7/10

Question of the Day - On this day in 1999, what event ended with a U.S. victory and a sports bra celebration? The Women's World Cup

What is Dorothy's last name in The Wizard of Oz? Gale

Fellini's classic film is called: 8 1/2

Jon Bon Jovi played a house painter in: Moonlight and Valentino

Which Oscar-winning film was Oliver Reed making with Russell Crowe when he died? Gladiator

The Cannes Film Festival's main award is the: Palme d'or (Golden Palm)

What film did Reese Witherspoon and Ryan Phillippe meet on? Cruel Intentions

Boris Pasternak declined the Nobel Prize for Literature claiming he was too ill to attend the ceremony. True

Charlie Chaplin played The Great ____. Dictator

Metallica's musical career covers which years? 1981-Present

What was the most expensive film ever made (adjusted for inflation)? Cleopatra

This/these artist(s) had the song "Frozen", on the album Ray of Light. Madonna

This United States President attended the first screening of the movie Superman: Jimmy Carter

How is actress Mary Beth Hurt related to William Hurt? Ex-wife

Who said, "Silence is golden when you can't think of a good answer"? Muhammad Ali

Where did Meat Loaf say you'll never find your gold? On a sandy beach

The Police sang "De Do Do Do, _________." De Da Da Da

They're known as the "Bad Boys from Boston." Which member of Aerosmith is actually from Boston? None of them

Who is Superman's girlfriend? Lois Lane

What was Clint Eastwood's first film as a director? Play Misty for Me

This American actor nearly replaced Roger Moore as James Bond in 1982: James Brolin

Captain James Cook was born in which country? England

In Monsters, Inc., what do Sulley and Mike find to be more powerful than screams? Laughs

Gene Wilder and Harrison Ford starred in: The Frisco Kid

What kind of secret decoder pin did Ralphie get in the movie A Christmas Story? Little Orphan Annie

In what movie does Eugene Levy say, "You got me straight trippin', boo!"? Bringing Down the House

Who calls himself the "King of Pop"? Michael Jackson

Art Carney played Harry Coombes in Harry and _______. Tonto

Shawshank Redemption is based on a novella by: Stephen King

6 comments:

  1. Has anyone else checked out the new and improved prize center? The T.V. is now gone, the Blue Ray player has been gone for some time, the only gift cards left are for GSN, what's left to play for? I sure hope they plan to make some improvements and add some more and better prizes, otherwise I'm done wasting my time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Did anybody else get 300 oodles for this question of the day? (July 10,2010)?

    ReplyDelete
  3. I only got 100, but I guess that if you emailed GSN they would credit you the other 200 because of the typo.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I emailed GSN Help and they gave me the extra 200 Oodles. Got the credit within hours of sending the email. Their Help Department has really been good lately!!!

    ReplyDelete
  5. I never even realized about the oodles being different for 7/10's QOD. Until I read the above posts. Then I went back and checked 'My Oodles' and I was awarded 300 oodles. It is possible that since I usually do mine right after midnite, the site programmers hadn't changed the display, or I was just not paying attention.
    Sweet, 300 oodles just for one question. With all the 10 pointers going by the wayside, the QOD oughta be worth like 250 EVERY DAY.

    ReplyDelete
  6. I have to say, I'm not fond of the new and "improved" prize center. I don't find it to be user-friendly.

    I wish they would give more on the QOD too. It seems like they are slowly doing away with the trivia questions.

    ReplyDelete