Monday, February 22, 2010

QOD & Trivia Mon 2/22 (Part 1)

Question of the Day - 30 years ago today, the U.S. pulled off the Olympic "Miracle on Ice" in what sport? Hockey

What's the correct name of this 1991 TV program, starring Dabney Coleman? Drexell's Class

What 2004 superhero movie featured Alfred Molina's villainous Dr. Octavius? Spider-Man 2

The Sound of Music takes place in: Austria

In Rocky IV, Apollo Creed is killed by a boxer from what country? Soviet Union

This borough of New York City is home of the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles: Manhattan

Christopher Hewett played this character: Mr. Belvedere

Fill in the blank for the name of the film: All the King's ________. Men

What is Dennis Franz best known as on American TV? Actor

In Duel, what kind of vehicle terrorizes Dennis Weaver? A truck

Which actress heard "You've Got Mail!" in a 1998 romantic comedy? Meg Ryan

You can expect all of the following on The Amanda Show except for this: Serious news

The cast of which show has never been interviewed on Inside the Actors Studio? Frasier

Which English town has a street named for Kate Winslet? Winchester

In the TV show title, what's the shape of the dot above the 'i' in Seinfeld? Triangle

The TV series Commander in Chief was about the first female President of the U.S. True

Who played Agent 99 on TV's Get Smart? Barbara Feldon

Courteney Cox had a recurring role on Family Ties. True

In the 1967 film, Bedazzled, who plays "Lust"? Raquel Welch

Who does "Martin" think he is, in George Romero's cult favorite of the same name? A vampire

Which nickname is not one of the pilots in the movie Top Gun? Phantom

What movie depicts Anthony Hopkins as an allegedly misogynist artist? Surviving Picasso

In Toy Story, Andy's little sister is named: Molly

What genre was the 1949 TV series, Adventures in Jazz? Music

What color bonnet does the girl on the Sun-Maid raisins box wear? Red

What group delivered a concert movie called The Song Remains the Same? Led Zeppelin

In what year did the TV series All That begin? 1994

Matthew Broderick appeared in the film version of Inspector Gadget. True

As of 2009, Rudy Boesch was the oldest participant on Survivor. True

On Friends, what is the name of Phoebe's identical twin sister? Ursula

What classical music piece was used for the The Lone Ranger theme? William Tell Overture

3 comments:

  1. I can't figure out what is going on. I am only getting 2 spins instead of 3 after logging in and clicking on the two games. Anyone else having this problem? Also, why the heck does it want to know if I am Male or Female over and over again?!? It's getting very annoying.

    Thanks for any insite.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I think I figured it out. OK, get this. If you are asked what your gender is it checks off that you have logged in but does not give you a spin for it. If you are not asked what your gender is, you get the spin for logging in. Why some of my accounts are asking me my gender and others are not I do not know why, but that is what is happening. I even tried logging back out and back in again but that didn't work.

    Thanks for your blog!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've noticed this as well. It does it to me when I log on to answer the GSN Live questions, but I generally do the trivia questions between 12am and 6am so it doesn't seem to cause me to lose a spin when I log back in to do them.

    I don't know if it is a programming problem with the site or if they are trying to limit spins. I wouldn't be surprised if it were the latter.

    Good Luck!

    ReplyDelete