Tuesday, November 17, 2009

Question of the Day and Trivia Questions - Wed 11/18

Question of the Day - What squeaky-voiced cartoon character debuted in Steamboat Willie 81 years ago today? Mickey Mouse

Which role did Mary Lynn Rajskub play in the TV series 24? Chloe O'Brian

Which talk show host is an avid motorcycle collector? Jay Leno

Lars Ulrich is the drummer for which band? Metallica

Nicole Kidman and Tom Cruise play Irish immigrants in this movie: Far and Away

The Muppets guest-starred on an episode of The Cosby Show. True

What are the names of the turtles Marlin befriends in the movie Finding Nemo? Crush and Squirt

The creator of TV's Heroes is: Tim Kring

Who is the fictional archeology professor Abner Ravenwood's most famous student? Indiana Jones

What city provided the setting for Alfred Hitchcock's Vertigo? San Francisco

The name of the Vic Morrow's character in the series Combat! was: Sgt. Chip Saunders

Musician Janet Jackson appeared on which 1970s TV show? Good Times

What's the correct name of this 2007 TV game show? Camouflage

Walter Salles's film Central Station was released in which year? 1998

CSI stands for "Crime Scene Internal." False

In the 1980s, who was only in one non-Woody Allen film, the flop Supergirl? Mia Farrow

Who appeared as a musical guest on The Flip Wilson Show? The Jackson Five

Josh Hartnett and Alan Rickman starred in this movie: Blow Dry

What's the right name of this 1986 TV program? Silverhawks

What was the name of Jed Clampett's daughter on The Beverly Hillbillies? Elly May

What made Brian stand out from his friends in the What About Brian series debut? He is single

Robert Hegyes portrayed which of the four Sweathogs on Welcome Back, Kotter? Juan Epstein

In what film did Piper Laurie say, "I should've given you to God when you were born"? Carrie

On which TV sitcom was Molly Ringwald a regular? The Facts of Life

Who did the title character on MTV's Daria have a crush on? Trent

On what TV show did Paul Lynde play Uncle Arthur? Bewitched

Who helped Stella get her groove back and played "Jackson Duper" on Ally McBeal? Taye Diggs

Whose TV wives were played by Suzanne Pleshette, Mary Frann and Carlene Watkins? Bob Newhart

Who hosts Inside the Actors' Studio? James Lipton

What is the name of Dorothy's dog in The Wizard of Oz? Toto

In addition to Lost, the fictional "Oceanic Airlines" was used in many TV movies. True

Placido Domingo was one of the many notable guest stars on The Cosby Show. True

Which VH1 series looks at the real life of singers and bands? Behind the Music

The TV show Men in Trees is set in Colorado. False

What is Dick Wolf best known doing on American TV? Producer

I Love Lucy was based on Lucy's radio show My Favorite Drummer. False

George Clooney and Noah Wyle guest-starred on Friends for which role? Doctors

Besides Jack White, who is the other member of The White Stripes? Meg White

Tyra Banks was the first-ever winner of America's Next Top Model. False

Who acted in the film Two Mules for Sister Sara? Shirley MacLaine

John Travolta and Jamie Lee Curtis starred in this movie: Perfect

9 comments:

  1. Thanks for your work. I think you don't need to post the answers to the trivia questions because there are random questions. So everyone's questions are different. Don't waste your time posting those questions and answers. Thanks again for your work.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you.

    I post the trivia question answers for everyone to use. It gives them a one-stop solution to finding the answers they need.

    ReplyDelete
  3. First and foremost...

    Thank you for all your hard work! Just a quick thought about the trivia questions..They really aren't as random as everyone thinks they are. You will eventually get to the questions. All the trivia questions are in order. It just depends which day you are on. For example, I'm on your November 1st questions. My questions will continue to follow everyday as yours did. Just something I noticed!

    Again..thanks for all your hardwork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I am actually thankful you do this... THANK YOU for your work and saving at least some of us time ....

    ReplyDelete
  5. You're welcome! I hope you continue to use this blog and get tons of Oodles.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Yes, the questions are in the same order for everyone. It just depends on what day you started your account and how many days and questions you have answered. I use your blog daily. I have 4 different accounts that are at different spots on your blog so I keep track where I am. Currently I am at the dates 9/12, 10/9, 10/30 and 11/18. So, for instance, I will use the last few questions on 9/12 then the next ones on 9/13...the next day I use the last few on 9/13 and next ones on 9/14 and so one for each account.

    I used to hand write the answers on my further along accounts so when I caught up with my later accounts I would have the answers. You save me lots of time and hand cramps so I truly appreciate your help.

    To the person who thinks it's random.... Google: Oodles of fun...followed by a question and you should be able to find out where you are on this blog and you will find the answers in order from that day on.

    Good luck all! And Thank You So Much!

    ReplyDelete
  7. Thank you so much for your comments and explanation of how this works. You've put it clearer than I did.

    I'm glad this blog helps you and so many others. I enjoy doing it.

    ReplyDelete
  8. I also want to express my thanks for your efforts. This has got to be quite an undertaking. I struggled with the trivia questions for months before I discovered your blog. I also want to comment about an earlier entry from the person with 4 accounts. It's no wonder I can never redeem my oodles (because of prizes out of stock) if this is a common occurance. Silly me! I abide by GSN rules-one account per person, two per household!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Thank you! I'm glad this blog helps you.

    As for the person with multiple accounts, I don't know how they do it. It's enough for me to keep up with the one I have.

    I honestly don't believe GSN keeps enough of the prizes in stock. The people with multiple accounts may have the same problem redeeming their Oodles like the rest of us. It seems every time I see something I want in stock, when I click on the button to redeem, I'm told it is out of stock. It does get frustrating.

    Happy Oodling!

    ReplyDelete