Friday, May 14, 2010

Comment Search

I received this message today inquiring about something I had never thought about:

Rowdydog, would it be too much trouble to ask you to post on the main page (not just comments) instructions on how to find comments from previous days? Sometimes I'll post comments and want to see replies, but I don't know how to look for them. I see the list at the bottom of this page, but it's a little confusing because of multiple links for the same day. If you could help, that would be awesome! Thanks!

There is no way to search for specific comments. I checked Blogger help and could not find a way. Unless you know the specific posts, the comments are located on, you would have to look at each post's comments section.

However, there is a way you can subscribe to the comments for a specific post. Under the box where you enter the comments and just right of the "Post Comment" button is a link marked "Subscribe by email". You have to click it prior to posting your comment. Once clicked, it will email you each time a comment has been posted to that particular blog post.

I know this may not help to find comments from the past, but if you use it going forward you shouldn't miss any updates to posts you are interested in.

Hope this helps.

Happy Oodling!

No comments:

Post a Comment