Saturday, May 22, 2010

QOD & Trivia Sat 5/22

Question of the Day -Sir Arthur Conan Doyle was born on this day in 1859. He'd go on to create what character? Sherlock Holmes

The song "Take It Easy," made famous by The Eagles, was written by: Jackson Browne

Jack Nicholson plays the President in: Mars Attacks

In which 2000 movie did George Clooney play the character named Ulysses Everett McGill? "O Brother, Where Art Thou?"

In which movie did Sissy Spacek play a girl with special gifts who ruined her prom? Carrie

What was the 1983 Police hit: "Every _______ You Take"? Breath

The rock group formed by Mark Knopfler in 1977 was: Dire Straits

Charles Darwin's Voyage of Discovery took place on a ship called Beagle. True

Jennifer Lopez's big-screen debut was in which of the following movies? My Family

What character did David Hasselhoff play in the show Knight Rider? Michael Knight

Which of these Clint Eastwood movies came out earliest? Hang 'Em High

This movie is about dragons: Eragon

Which virtuoso performed with Sting at the 2002 Winter Olympics? Yo-Yo Ma

Which famous New York Yankees outfielder did Marilyn Monroe marry? Joe DiMaggio

Jane Fonda played Alice "Hallie" Martin in The Electric _______. Horseman

In Kill Bill: Volume II it is revealed that "The Bride" is really named: Beatrix Kiddo

And God Created Woman stars which female actor? Brigitte Bardot

Russell Crowe played John Nash in A ______ Mind. Beautiful

Which film did Kevin Spacey win an Oscar for? American Beauty

French New Wave director Jean Luc-Godard famously said: "Cinema is ___ 24 frames per second..." Truth

Penelope Ann Miller and Henry Thomas starred in this movie: The Deal

Which movie features the line, "You mean the time thing? That's just a detail."? The Lake House

Which band did Steve Marriott form after The Small Faces? Humble Pie

What movie is about a lawyer who takes ballroom dancing lessons? Shall We Dance

Who played "Goose" in Top Gun? Anthony Edwards

Complete the title of the Nicolas Cage/ Bridget Fonda film: It Could Happen _____. To You

Raiders of the Lost Ark marked this actor's big-screen debut: Alfred Molina

Who was Ngo Dinh Diem? The President of South Vietnam

The song "My Love Is Your Love" was performed by: Whitney Houston

For what neo-noir film did film noir director, John Huston get nominated for an Oscar? The Cardinal

6 comments:

  1. am I seeing things or are the daily oodle questions repeating themselves from around june or so?

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wazzup Rowdydog? I just want to thank you again for your awesome work.I have a couple of questions. First, What the hell ever happened to Saturday night oodles? I'm sure I'm not the only oodler that misses that. And secondly, Do you have any idea if they are ever going to have the Kuerig coffee machine available again? And one more thing, where are you from?Dude I wanna party with you. Thanx, T-Rok

    ReplyDelete
  3. Today's question of the day is worth 100 oodles =]

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi everyone,

    No, you're not seeing things. I've been noticing the same thing. If they aren't exactly the same, they are slightly re-worded.

    T-Rok...No clue on the Saturday night Oodles. You know how they are about starting things and then stopping without notice. I doubt at this point the Keurig will be back. It's been several months already. And, I'm currently in Baltimore (trying to get a job in TX to be closer to my family). Party with me??? I maintain this blog 7 days a week. Do I sound like a partier? :-)

    I noticed the increase on the Question of the Day as well. I wonder if this will continue or if it was a one-off?

    Have a great weekend!

    ReplyDelete
  5. why did you stop uploading part 2 of the answers, it used to be so easy for me, now I have to google everything

    ReplyDelete
  6. The "Part 2" of the answers were from questions my roommate received when he was participating. Since he stopped, I only have my questions and answers to post.

    Sorry for the inconvenience.

    Keep on Oodling!

    ReplyDelete