Thursday, May 27, 2010

QOD & Trivia Fri 5/28

Question of the Day - On this day in 1957, what two baseball teams were granted permission to relocate from New York to California? Giants and Dodgers

Who is the strong member of The Incredibles family? Bob

What was the first Lassie film? Lassie Come Home

Pearl Jam sang a song called: "Alive"

How do you correctly spell movie star Arnold's last name? (Good Luck!) Schwarzenegger

In 1955, who took the religious song "I Got Religion" and turned it into the lusty R&B classic "I've Got A Woman"? Ray Charles

Which NFL quarterback appeared in 1993's Ace Ventura: Pet Detective? Dan Marino

Who was NOT a character in The Outsiders? Sourball

The Motorcycle Diaries depicts the life of this revolutionary: Che Guevara

98 Degrees performed the song "Because of You" on which album? 98 Degrees and Rising

Who is the male lead in the re-make of The Shaggy Dog? Tim Allen

Who had hits in the 1990s with "Jump", "Warm It Up", and "Tonite's Tha Night" ? Kris Kross

Kevin Spacey played Bobby Darin in Beyond the ___. Sea

Who plays the father of the engaged daughter Owen Wilson falls for in Wedding Crashers? Christopher Walken

River Phoenix's last film was called: Silent Tongue

What does "PG" stand for in movie ratings? Parental Guidance

The 90s pop song "Secret" was performed by: Madonna

What is arranged by a choreographer? Dance sequences

Uma Thurman wants to: Kill ________. Bill

Jay Leno is known for having a large collection of what? Classic cars

What aging 1960s band had to wait until 1987 for their first Top 40 record, appropriately called "Touch of Gray"? The Grateful Dead

What alias do directors use in the credits of films they aren't happy with? Alan Smithee

What actress was in both Scream and Ace Ventura: Pet Detective? Courteney Cox

What Bond film was the first after the Cold War? GoldenEye

Who directed The Last Temptation of Christ? Martin Scorsese

What color appeared the most often in Elvis Presley's song titles? Blue

What's the name of the hotel in The Shining? The Overlook

In what movie did night watchman Frank Wills play himself? All the President's Men

What modern rock band sings the song "Harder to Breathe"? Maroon 5

What hit had Reba McEntire singing, "I try to worry like I did before"? "Can't Even Get the Blues"

3 comments:

  1. Did anyone else have trouble with dumbville and getting the garbage can oodles? Just wondering. When i log into dumbville it usually just pops up to play.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Yesterday I played the Daily Garbage Grab Game on Dumbville and my first choice came up with 478 oodles and of course I clicked to keep it. It then said that I had only had 15 oodles so I picked another trash can at which time it said that I just risked 478 oodles. It was to late to go back and I had to keep playing now. I wound up with only 24 oodles for the game. I contacted GSN's no-service help and got their standard answer that they don't award oodles for game malfunctions, but they would look into the problem. Today Garbage Grab doesn't even come up on Dumbville. Has anyone else been having these problems?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yes, same exact thing happened to me multiple times. I had 534 & ended up with 38 instead. Boy, was I upset. I don't even contact gsn help with these kinds of issues anymore. Use to & the same answer---they're not responsible for malfunctions & to remind me oodles are 'free.'

    ReplyDelete