Tuesday, May 18, 2010

QOD & Trivia Wed 5/19

Question of the Day - What guitarist, a founding member of The Who, turns 65 today? Pete Townshend

What actress did Bruce Willis divorce in 1998? Demi Moore

In real life, actor Tom Hanks collects 1940s _______. Typewriters

Ten is this band's debut album: Pearl Jam

What kind of animal is Bullseye in Toy Story 2? A horse

What's the setting for 2002's Half Past Dead with Steven Seagal and Ja Rule? Alcatraz

What relative did Roy Orbison write about in the song "Claudette" Wife

According to Madness, where is our house? In the middle of our street

Robert Redford and Brad Pitt starred in Spy _____: Game

In what Billy Crystal movie do three friends embark on a cattle drive? City Slickers

"The Bat, the Cat, the Penguin" is the tagline from which Batman film? Batman Returns

What is The Bangles' "Funday"? Sunday

What did Peter Gabriel want to be? Your sledgehammer

Who supplies the villain voice of "Hopper" in in A Bug's Life? Kevin Spacey

In the movie Braveheart, what were William Wallace's last words? "Freedom!"

Roberta Flack sang "____ Me Softly". Killing

What former telephone installer was "born in a small town", namely Seymour, Indiana? John Mellencamp

Dustin Hoffman won the 1980 Oscar for Best Actor in what film? Kramer vs. Kramer

Who played 007 in The Living Daylights? Timothy Dalton

This actor played James Bond in the movie, For Your Eyes Only: Roger Moore

How many Oscars was Titanic nominated for? Fourteen

By number of stations, what's the most popular radio format in the U.S.? Country

What's the proper term for motion-picture photography? Cinematography

What film stars James Cromwell as Dr. Zefram Cochrane, the inventor of warp drive? Star Trek: First Contact

Actor Michael Rennie was born in: U.S. (according to GSN) - It's actually England

The Marshall Mathers LP, by Eminem, contains which of the following songs? "The Real Slim Shady"

What is the first film in Alan J. Pakula's "paranoia trilogy"? Klute

Who is the founder of the Hilton Hotels? Conrad Hilton

Which actor did not play Superman? Michael Keaton

Who did KISS hear calling? Beth

3 comments:

  1. I just wanted to say I am outraged at GSn because I had kept track of the oodles I earned on the double oodle day so I knew what I was owed and once again I am glad I did because GSN is trying to cheat me out of a lot of oodles. From what I understood any oodles earned that day would be doubled, I saw no exceptions anywhere and now they are telling me that the double thing does not include Dumbville Oodles (played on Facebook), Catch 21 iPhone app Oodles, the 2,500 Oodles won through GSN Live (from TV) and the Wheel of Fortune Game of the Week promo (earned at the end of the week). This is bull because I earned a lot of oodles on Dumbville that day and I am very disappointed.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I was very happy and surprised with my 4,000+ oodles. Too bad we can't get one of these promos every month. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. I received a reply to the message from Anonymous above from another Anonymous. Since Blogger does not give me an option to edit it prior to posting, I decided I would do so and post it here.

    And please remember, this is a place for civil discourse, not name calling. I think people can make their point without being rude.

    That said, here is the edited response:

    Dear Anonymous,

    We were all notified well before the day of Double Oodles that they would not include Dumbville, iPhone apps, or Game of the Week oodles. GSN Live Trivia Oodles were included however, so perhaps you deserve to be slightly miffed. They're generosity in other instances does not give you a right to be OUTRAGED at them - especially since, if you're mostly upset because of the Dumbville Oodles, they told us ahead of time that they wouldn't count.

    Also, GSN did not need to do the Millionth Oodler match. So if you got any Oodles at all just be grateful.

    I believe if you ask around, you will find that most everyone knew about the rules ahead of time. So try to contain your rage please.

    ReplyDelete